Thursday, January 5, 2017

Getting Started

I've been wanting to give this a try for a while.  I consider myself somewhat of a goal-oriented person, so keeping a blog seemed like a good way to keep track of my progress.

I'm by no means a cocktail expert.  I've only been interested in cocktails for about a year.  So basically I have no idea what I'm doing.  I've learned basic techniques through some books (Death & Co. and Bar Book mainly) and built up a decent set of equipment & spirits.

I've never worked behind a bar, although the thought of being the regular bartender at the local dive does appeal to me.  I've never been to the real Death & Co. (maybe someday) nor do I attend a true cocktail bar regularly. (I've been to Anvil in Houston once - awesome spot)

Just wanting to really see if I can complete the list, learn to make some good drinks, and have a little fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment